If you’re owed money from patients, insurance companies, and suppliers — we suggest collecting as much of it as you can before digging into the rest of this guide.
Although you’ll want to be careful to not be too aggressive in your collections (especially with patients who may be suffering serious economic loss due to COVID-19), this will prove worthwhile for the efforts ahead.
Building a stockpile of cash can help tide you over during the coming weeks as you implement all of the systems and practices within this guide.
However, if your accounts receivable don’t have much in the way of overdue:
- Patient account balances,
- Insurance claims,
- Or rebates & other incentives from manufacturers/ suppliers…
Feel free to skip straight to Step 2.
Step 1 Table of Contents
- 1.1 Collecting Patient Accounts Receivable
- 1.2 Collecting Insurance Accounts Receivable
- 1.3 Collecting Rebates & Incentives from Manufacturers/ Suppliers
- Wrapping Up: Collecting Accounts Receivable